Sunday, July 19, 2009

Red Barn photo





Pretty amazing that I could be walking around a resort in the San Antonio area and find this gem to take a photo of, right? Well, the barn was taken at the resort but what you don't see is the base of the barn because it's concrete block and not rustic wood like the top half of the barn appears to be. The sky is from another of my images as well, it was taken in San Antonio afterall.


I had a mental picture in my mind of what I wanted this barn to turn into unfortunately though, every morning and evening, the sky was blown out, so I took the photo knowing I would have to do something about the sky later. Trust me, the photo isn't near this dramatic with a white sky. Incidentally, the sky is from a photo I took here in the Tampa Bay area, I just had to adjust the saturation to match that of the barn and it was ready to be merged into one image. The barn itself was pretty neat but the sky is what made this image stand out and what I was looking for the entire time I was in San Antonio. (Great place to visit by the way, even though the Alamo was a bit of a let down).


My trip to San Antonio yielded me a lot of great subjects for photos. The Missions there are absolutely amazing and highly recommend the Spanish Mission tour if you're in town for a few days and have some time to spare. Here are a few more photos that I took while there.


Mission Conception - San Antonio, Texas



Red Wagon Wheel Closeup San Antonio, Texas

Wagon Wheel, Sepia San Antonio, Texas

Thank you for taking the time to read a little about my Barn photo, it's one of my more popular photos. All of these photos can be found on my site at http://www.rorymadstudios.com/ .


Warm regards,

Michael

My Hometown

My Hometown
Great start to the morning

Followers

About Me

My photo

My name is Michael White and I'm a Fine Art Photographer based out of the Tampa Bay area.   I enjoy photographing various landscapes and wild life that can be found in the US.  I am also the creator of a new process called High Key HDR. 
 
You can find my website at www.carsinhdr.com and I can also be followed on Twitter at @rorymadstudios .