Saturday, July 4, 2009

Walking the Line



Alright, so here we go. This is one of my favorite pieces of work, it features my father. I invited him to go out shooting with me in dowtown Tampa. I really wanted him to join me so he could see me at work behind the lens but wasn't sure this would be his cup of tea. To my surprise, he was eager to go walk around the downtown Tampa area with me and keep me company while I was taking photos.


What you don't see in this photo is the railcars behind me, I was taking photos of the graffiti on the side of the cars when I turned around and saw my father walking the rail line. It's not often you see a 70 year old man balancing his way down a set of railroad tracks so I had to stop what I was doing and take some photos of him. The moment I pressed the shutter, I saw the progression of him making his way down the tracks and knew I had to find a way to make this happen during post processing. I also knew that I wouldn't be able to show that progression with just images of him walking down the line, I had to fade the closer shots out and the further ones back into frame , after all he was walking away from me , not towards me.


I've always been very proud of my father, he worked hard in his life, he didn't waiver from his ideals and he has always been there for me when I need to talk or vent. I was really happy to be able to capture this moment for the both of us, we had a great time photographing the city and I look forward to doing more outings like this with him.


I can't begin to tell you how happy I was when my father decided to put an 8"x 10" of this next to his chair in the family room. That's the best compliment a photographer/artist could ever get, the displaying of their work in a place for all to see.




My Hometown

My Hometown
Great start to the morning

Followers

About Me

My photo

My name is Michael White and I'm a Fine Art Photographer based out of the Tampa Bay area.   I enjoy photographing various landscapes and wild life that can be found in the US.  I am also the creator of a new process called High Key HDR. 
 
You can find my website at www.carsinhdr.com and I can also be followed on Twitter at @rorymadstudios .