Friday, September 27, 2013

Get out of my head!!

Yes, I said it, get out of my head, no, not you guys but that image that's been stuck in there since my session with Randy and his 2010 Challenger.


The above photo is what started it.  I don't normally do the "touchdown" dance over a photo but I really like this one.  The mood was great, the ground was nice and wet, which lent itself to some great reflections and with the magic of Photoshop, I was able to create some movement in the clouds (it was a pretty still day).  Awesome, right?  Well, not so fast my friend.  This isn't the shot, yes, I like this one a lot but all the while taking this photo, I had visions of the city of Tampa skyline in the background, the hood down and that feeling of watching over the city.

As an artist, I'm at a slight disadvantage when I get these visions.  Why?  Mainly because my only artistic talent is what I can accomplish with my camera, I can't paint, I can't draw and you don't want to hear me sing (just ask my wife :) ) .  So what's a guy suppose to do?   How do I get this vision out of my head?  Honestly, every time I looked at Randy's car, it would pop back in my head , taunting me , daring me to find a way to make it happen.

I've found that the best way to deal with these things is to go back through your old images and see if you can find a spot that might work for your vision.  I was in luck, back in January I had taken some photos of some Mustangs from the room of the Tampa Bay Times Forum parking lot.


That's pretty close to what I was looking for, now all I had to do was convince Randy that we needed to get this out of my head and into my computer (there's a Billy Ocean song in there somewhere, isn't there?).  After explaining what I wanted to do, Randy said yes , let's try to pull this off.

So we did.


Thank you, Randy for helping me get this out of my head.  :)   Now, if I could only get all these cars out to Nevada and the Valley of Fire, I could get the other thousand or so shots that are stuck in my head out.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I don't blog nearly as often as I should so I really do appreciate everyone's patience.  My regular Rorymadstudios.com website is down right now but don't fret, I still have my Fine Art America site, facebook, twitter and google + sites all active.

http://6-michael-white.artistwebsites.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RoryMad-Studios/282713677940

@rorymadstudios on Twitter

https://plus.google.com/u/0/100582771513472487985/about/p/pub

My Hometown

My Hometown
Great start to the morning

Followers

About Me

My photo

My name is Michael White and I'm a Fine Art Photographer based out of the Tampa Bay area.   I enjoy photographing various landscapes and wild life that can be found in the US.  I am also the creator of a new process called High Key HDR. 
 
You can find my website at www.carsinhdr.com and I can also be followed on Twitter at @rorymadstudios .